TEL: 0161 624 7495 FAX: 0161 627 5347
OPENING TIMES: Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
About Us

The business was founded in 1945 by brothers Alwyn and Herbert Garforth, who traded as manufacturing joiners and property repairs. The workshop premises were originally in nearby Queen Street, and as with most tradesmen of the time, the means of transport was a handcart. They loaded up the cart with ladders and everything else that they needed for the days work – strong arms were certainly needed.

In 1971 Alwyn Jr, who now runs the business, joined the firm. With the business established and gaining a good reputation, workload increased and in 1974 the business relocated to its present site on Co-operative Street, Springhead. It was at this time, in response to the building boom of the early 1970’s and customer demand, the company decided to specialise in glass sales only – glass cut to size, glass table tops and shelves, glass cabinet doors and mirrors in all shapes and sizes. It was here that they cemented a reputation for quality and expertise.

Over the years, adjacent properties have been acquired and extensions built. Together, with the large private car park recently developed, the site is prominent and well known locally.

The company currently employs around nine people and with Alwyn Jr’s wife and two sons still working there, Garforth Glass is still very much a family concern. 1995 saw them celebrate 50 years in business. Today a trading history of over 60 years has been solidly built by providing a personal, speedy and friendly service. Our highly competent staff will cater for whatever you need, whether it be a simple replacement glass for a small picture frame or a large order to supply glass table tops and mirrors to bars, restaurants and hotels.

© Garforth Glass Ltd
Website hosted and maintained in Saddleworth by Fish.Net